Welcome to Tombstone USD #1
District Office: (520) 457-2217
Huachuca City School: (520) 456-9842
Walter J. Meyer: (520) 457-3371
Tombstone High School: (520) 457-2215
News and Tidbits
TUSD Opening Plan
Governor Ducey has delayed the on-site opening of all Arizona schools until August 17. All TUSD schools will begin on August 17, even if the order is delayed again. Here is our plan as of now:
With campuses open-
- Barring another delay, all TUSD schools will open their doors on August 17.
- If the governor issues another delayed start date, TUSD will still begin on August 17, but with remote instruction.
- Once the sites are open, parents may choose: to have their student in school, remote instruction, or hybrid (a combination of both options).
- We will issue every student a laptop/tablet.
- If the opening of school takes place on August 17, the laptop/tablet check outs will take place at each school at that time.
- Unlike the remote instruction of the last semester of the 19/20 school year, for the 20/21 remote instruction, we will hold each student accountable to attend classes on the scheduled days/times, participate in the class, complete and turn in assignments. Grades will be based on established district policy.
- We will perform temperature checks on both staff and students upon arrival to campus.
- Transportation-we will update bus routes as usual before the beginning of school and we will be using as much social distancing as possible on the buses.
- Sanitization and hand washing stations will be readily available throughout the campuses.
- Breakfast and lunches will be grab and go style without serving lines. Students will have two options at lunch and we will schedule additional lunch periods to allow for maximum distancing.
- HCS/WJM athletics-the Cochise Athletic Conference voted to cancel the 1st season of athletics. This affects cheer, volleyball, football, and cross country. We are currently exploring options to pick up games out of the local conference.
- THS-the AIA has set a start date for the first official practice as August 17. This will delay the start of games to the second week in September. The AIA is also looking at options to complete the fall sports season. Some districts in Arizona have already voted to suspend their entire fall athletic season. TUSD has opted to suspend all summer workouts at this time.
If we are not able to open the doors on August 17 and must practice remote instruction-
- We will announce a date, time, and location for pickup of laptop/tablet (depending on students grade level).
Our plan remains flexible and we are always seeking input from parents, staff, and the community. Please email any thoughts, ideas, questions, or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New to Tombstone Unified School District?
Click on the online registration link, click more options, then create an account. You can do the complete registration with some strokes of the keyboard. You can also upload any documentation you need to provide. Once this is done and we accept your student, you will have a ParentVue account. Save your username and password. You can log in at any time and see your student's current grades (including a peek into the actual grade book to see how your student is progressing), report cards/transcripts (when it is time), attendance in real-time (you can even get alerts when we enter in attendance), change contact or personal information, report an absence, and see health office visits or discipline issues. You will also have access to any information regarding the school. If you have an existing student and do not have a ParentVue account, please contact your school.
Daily Breakfast and Lunch During School Closure
The current two-a-day meal program will continue through August 14. The pickup stops will remain the same as they currently are. Please keep getting meals for your kiddos!